Monday, January 3, 2011

Chicken and Yellow Rice for Jonah's Homecoming

I went to pick up my grandson after his Christmas visit with his Dad in Tennessee. It was my first experience at the airport since all the security changes. No one patted me down or anything, but it was still a shock to see the lines, have to take off my shoes, etc. I didn't realize I had to get a gate pass just to go pick up the kid. The plane was delayed for two hours. But there he was at last. His mom and Aaron planned to take him out to dinner, but he chose to stay at Grandma's house and eat plain old chicken and yellow rice. So glad I thought to make it even though Roger is kind of tired of it now. Jonah had two big plates and then a big bowl of strawberry shortcake. They were the first strawberries I bought this season. They were kind of small and a little green at the top, but very sweet. They were picked early because of the freezing weather. At the moment, it is warm again. Both Roger and Jonah liked the strawberries. Then Jonah turned on the TV in the "man room" and fell sound asleep. This morning he is safely back in school and everyone is home again.

1 comment:

  1. Shari, I had chicken and rice for supper tonight. Just needed some comfort food. No dessert. I've had enought cake and cookies to last me for a month.

    ReplyDelete