Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sylvia's Palomilla Steak

My neighbor, Sylvia, knocked on the door yesterday with four hot, crunchy but tender Pallomilla steaks wrapped in foil. They smelled and tasted delicious. I had the last one this morning as a sandwich on toasted bread with sliced tomato. I suspect the steaks were by way of payment for a ride to the grocery store earlier in the day. I will accept food from Sylvia any time.

Palomilla steaks are thinly sliced sirloin that can only be found at certain Cuban butcher shops. In Tampa, there are several of those. I don't have Sylvia's recipe, but I know it involves lime juice and garlic marinade, and a dredge in spicy bread crumbs. Breaded steak in any form is at the top of my favorite list.

I wish I would have taken pictures of my steaks which were beautiful but you will just have to use your imagination. Thanks, Sylvia! Here is a link to Pipos Cuban restaurant here in Tampa. They serve lots of authentic Cuban food including Palimillo steaks, breaded or unbreaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment