Sunday, July 25, 2010

Feast - Cleaning out the fridge for the end of the month



Well, here is our first Sunday supper. I had invited Karin and Alan for chicken Marsala but the reality of fixed income came into play. I changed the invite to next weekend and cooked what was in the freezer which happened to be the last two bacon-wrapped filets from Omaha Steak. I bought a bottle of wine (Inglenook Merlot) and a loaf of french bread, two fresh corn, a tomato and a watermelon which was too mushy to eat once we cut it open. The steaks were cooked under the broiler for 7 minutes on one side and 5 on the other. I baked two potatoes and made lettuce salad with half of the tomato. Fantastic dinner. Steak was medium rare, red and warm in the middle. I didn't find a recipe for the 1 cup of leftover ricotta still in the refrigerator. Promise to do better next week for originality though I doubt I could improve on the taste. My grandson, Jonah, flew to Tennessee today to visit his dad. Roger's sister, Mary, came to visit for a while with her little malty poo. Hope everyone had a happy Sunday. Don't worry. Nibbles got some, too.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new blog. You are off to a great start. I miss living in Florida, but I love living on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly, thanks for visiting. I love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete